The following information provided by METRO:
Hazardous road conditions are forcing METRO bus services to remain suspended through the morning of Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2018. With overnight temperatures expected to stay well below freezing, driving conditions will continue to be treacherous.
Park & Ride routes, METRO HOV/ HOT lanes and the METRO RideStores will all be closed the entire day. With safety in mind for our passengers and employees, METRO will only resume local bus service Wednesday afternoon when road conditions improve.
METRORail service will continue to operate, but riders should expect delays.
All scheduled METROLift trips for Wednesday will be canceled. Once conditions are deemed safe and METROLift services start, customers can call in for same day transportation for essential trips.
Due to the inclement weather, meetings for METRO’s Administrative, Public Safety, Customer Service & Operations and Capital & Strategic Planning committees will be rescheduled to next week.
Please also note the following:
- METRO’s T.R.I.P. app will not be an accurate source of “Next Bus” arrival during times of schedule fluctuation.
- You may experience delays when calling METRO Customer Service at 713-635-4000 during this period.
- METRO advises riders to monitor local media, and the National Weather Service for weather updates.
- Current roadway conditions are available on TranStar’s Real-Time Traffic Map.
- Sharing resources with METRO to serve the area are: Harris County, City of Houston and Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) with websites providing information about safety, weather, traffic and more during emergencies.