HOUSTON — Houston Police report that 20 to 30 fans came to Game 3 of the World Series with fraudulent tickets, and urge those who may have purchased fraudulent tickets to call the HPD non-emergency number to report the incident.
If you have purchased tickets that prove to be fraudulent, call 713-884-3131 or file a police report online at HoustonPolice.org.
With two more games scheduled for this weekend at Minute Maid Park, fans need to be aware of possible fraudulent tickets for sale and be vigilant to avoid becoming victims of those selling counterfeit tickets, as well as poor quality unlicensed World Series merchandise.
Among the safety tips to avoid becoming a victim are:
- Purchase from the venue or trusted vendors — check the Better Business Bureau database at www.askbbb.org
- Consider your source — is it someone you know and trust or an established ticket broker?
- Know the refund policy of the vendor or broker
- Use payment methods that come with protection
- Be wary of advertisements
For more tips about safety and important World Series information, go to houstontx.gov/worldseries.